School History - New Facilities - Stadium and Little Theatre
In 1987 the school made a proposal for a new multi-purpose hall. This hall would be used to benifit students in both physical education and performing arts. The hall would be used for basketball, volleyball and netball as well as somewhere to go while it was raining during PE. The stage would provide a place for drama and music perfomances.
In 1988 fundraising for the new hall started. The goal was to raise $220,000 in 12 months. Many events were held to fundraise the money including a fun and games night and 2 quiz nights. One of the most effective method of fundraising was an appeal brochure that was sent to local businesses, industries, clubs, parents, friends and old scholars. The appeal invited people to buy a $5000 gold brick, a $1000 silver brick or a $250 bronze brick or make any other donation, for the new hall. This appeal raised over $52,000. The fundraising in 1988 allowed the buliding of the Stadium and Memorial hall to commence.
On the 3rd of November 1989 the Coulthard Hall (Stadium) was officaly opened. The offical opening was performed by the Honourable Sir Condor Laucke, KCMG, Lieutenant-Governor of South Australia and an scholar of Nuriootpa High School.